Diary of Events
RQM Meeting for Worship
For the foreseeable future, Meeting for Worship will take place using Zoom starting at 10:45 AM (UK time) every week on Sun, until Dec 27, 2020,
Anyone is welcome to join our meeting. Please request the login details via the contact form on the contact page here.
If you do not have suitable phone, computer or internet connection you can join the meeting using normal telephone with the following numbers.
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
During the Covid virus pandemic RQM is holding virtual Meeting for Worship using ‘Zoom’
If youwish to join us in worship on a particular meeting date, please consider the following guidance and then use the link posted for the particular date General guidance on the use of Zoom
Friends will join the meeting directly and can chat and settle with others before a reading is given. The host will then mute all participants to facilitate settling into worship; and friends will be able to unmute themselves if they have spoken ministry. The end of worship will be signalled by a sharescreen of a handshake from the host.
Friends are asked to familiarise themselves with Zoom, and can use the following link, provided by Woodbrooke to do so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gn2qJPRDI&feature=youtu.be
- Friends will get the most from the shared experience by using gallery view in Zoom; and participating via a laptop, desktop or tablet for the best audio and visual clarity
- Think about your background, surroundings and lighting. If you are sat in a dark corner or with your back to a window, you will not be easily visible for others
- Test your device’s microphone, speakers and camera in good time – you can explore your device settings for this
- Someone speaking will be spotlit, by being outlined in yellow on the display
- There is a chat function, which can be used to send a private typed message to the host, in case of technical difficulties; or to message all – such as typed ministry.
- The host can mute your microphone or turn your camera off so if anything unexpected happens in your vicinity, don’t panic about switching your sound or camera off – it can be done for you, and you can re-enable it once you are settled again
- This is new for everyone so we expect glitches; be patient, be kind and uphold those in the light who are unable to join us this time; and we hope they will be worshipping alongside us in the spirit”
All events are at the Rugby Quaker Meeting House unless otherwise shown.
Some events may be for other organisations. These are shown in green. In those cases please contact the meeting organiser for further information.